Paid Internship: RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Vacancy: Research Assistant
( Part-time paid internship, 3 month contract)
ICOS is an independent, not-for-profit organisation advocating for the rights of international students in Ireland, and promoting good policy and high standards for international education in Irish higher education. ICOS also administrates the Ireland Fellows Programme on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs.
About the Role
The Research Assistant will work as part of a team to deliver on ICOS’ research outputs. Tasks will include analysing qualitative and quantitative data; report writing; note-taking; participating in team meetings, organising interviews and focus groups, and other tasks as necessary. This is a short-term 3 month contract.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Excellent research and note-taking skills
- The ability to analyse qualitative and quantitative data
- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- An interest in social justice and human rights
- The ability to meet deadlines and good time management skills
- Excellent IT skills
Include, but are not limited to:
- Report writing and note-taking
- Organising interviews and focus groups
- Analysing survey responses
- Outreach to students
- Facilitating focus groups
- Participating in project meetings
The successful applicant will also be expected to actively contribute to the broader ICOS team and, on occasion, provide administrative support for other activities as required.
The following are essential criteria for the post:
- A third-level qualification or completing studies in a relevant area e.g public policy, research, social science
- Experience in conducting research and report writing
- The ability to working with qualitative and quantitative data
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- The ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel and Word
The following are highly desirable criteria for this post:
- Understanding of issues facing international students
- Experience working in a research role
- Work experience in the community/voluntary sector and/or the higher education sector
- Experience working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Knowledge of programmes such as Salesforce, Microsoft Access and SPSS
- Portuguese or Spanish speaker
Salary & Terms
This position is part-time, working 15 hours per week, on a 3-month contract, and with an immediate start date for the successful candidate.
The role will mainly involve working remote, and hours will be flexible, however, the successful candidate will be expected to attend in person meetings when required.
The hourly rate for this role is €11.50 per hour.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday 27 January with interviews of shortlisted candidates anticipated on the week of 30 January. Interviews will take place remotely via Zoom.
Applications must include a CV and a cover letter outlining their motivation and relevant experience, and should be emailed to email@example.com.
You must be legally entitled to work in Ireland.