Apply to join the ICOS Student Advisory Group
ICOS Student Advisory Group
ICOS is now accepting applications for a new Student Advisory Group that we are creating to help enhance the rights of international students in Ireland and highlight the contribution that students make to Irish society.
The ICOS Student Advisory Group will help to enhance the rights of international students in Ireland and highlight the contribution that students make to Irish society. Members of the Advisory Group will provide feedback on ICOS’ research and contribute to campaigns. They will also have the opportunity to talk about their experiences of living in Ireland and the issues that are affecting them.
The key objectives of the ICOS Student Advisory Group are to:
- Create a diverse group of international students that will provide feedback and advice to ICOS on international student issues.
- Discuss the challenges that international students are currently facing in Ireland and how best to address them.
- Participate in ICOS’ campaigns and advocacy work to assist international students.
- The Advisory Group will consist of up to 15 Members who are appointed by ICOS.
- English language students, international students studying in higher education or who have recently graduated from an Irish college or university are eligible to apply.
- Members are appointed for one academic year (September 2023 – May 2024).
- The Advisory Group is completely voluntary, but travel expenses will be covered for any in person meetings.
Why should I apply to join the Advisory Group?
- You will contribute to helping international students have a better experience in Ireland.
- You will have a chance to expand your network and meet new people.
- You will have an opportunity to develop your skills and improve your CV.
- You will have access to training opportunity.
The Advisory Group will meet for 90 minutes every 6 weeks. A minimum of 5 Members of the ICOS Student Advisory Group must be present at each meeting. Meetings will be held on Zoom on these dates:
- Wednesday 11 October 2023
- Wednesday 22 November 2023
- Wednesday 3 January 2024
- Wednesday 14 February 2024
- Wednesday 27 March 2024
- Wednesday 8 May 2024
Members of the Student Advisory Group agree to:
- Contribute to the Student Advisory Group’s meetings.
- Support and promote ICOS’ research and campaigns.
- Respond to Advisory Group related emails in good time.
- Be polite and respectful.
- Give notice if unable to attend Advisory Group meetings.
- Not share confidential information.
How to Apply
If you would like to be part of the ICOS Student Advisory Group, please complete the application form by 1 October 2023.
Please be advised that there are only 15 places available on the Advisory Group, and we may not be able to select all applicants who apply if we receive a large number of applications.